The EX-47901 RS-232 to RS-485 converter is design for your PC, workstation, thin client or server to provides instant RS-485 Serial port expansion via the standard RS-232 port. The EX-47901 equipped a DB9 female connector that can be connected directly to the RS-232 connector from your PC. The EX-47901 converts unbalanced, full-duplex RS-232 signals to balanced half-duplex RS-485 signals. The RS232 port, configured as a DCE port, has a female DB9 connector with pins 2 (TXD input), 3 (RXD output), and 5 (Signal Ground) supported. Pins 7 (RTS) and 8 (CTS) are tied together, and pins 6 (DSR), 1 (CD), and 4 (DTR) are also tied together.
· Signal: TxD, RxD, GND
· Loop Back Wiring: RTS to CTS, DTR to SDR and DCD
· 2 -wire RS-485 (Data+/-, Data+/-, Half-duplex)
· ATTA: Supports RS-485 Auto Transceiver Turn Around Feature, Support Echo Mode for RS-485 mode
· Terminator: 120 Ohm, can be Enabled/Disabled by DIP switch
· Port-powered from RS-232 Lines, External Power Source Supported, but not required in most cased